Login using your MyCWEA.org account information to complete an application or to access judging panel.
Gimmicks & Gadgets
The Gimmicks & Gadgets award recognizes innovation and creativity in developing solutions to performing routine tasks or functions in maintenance, operations or construction of wastewater collection systems. CASH PRIZES!
You will be asked to fill out an online form with descriptions of your gimmick or gadget, what your gimmick or gadget accomplishes, estimated savings using your gimmick or gadget, estimate time saved using your gimmick or gadget and ONE PDF of images of your gimmick or gadget. The PDF must not exceed 10 pages. Additional requirements:
- You must be a CWEA member to submit an application.
- Digital photos of the gimmick or gadget must be submitted as a PDF with application.
- Commercially available products are not eligible as gadgets, but a unique use of a commercial product may be entered as a gimmick.
- Winners cannot be a member of the selection committee.
- Selection process is based on entry application and supporting documents such as digital photos, drawings, blueprints, etc. No videotapes allowed with application.
- All award winners will be notified prior to CWEA Annual Conference.
- Awards will be given out during the Collections breakfast or lunch at the CWEA Annual Conference.
For most CWEA awards, you must apply at your Local Section level first. Direct your questions to the Local Section Awards Chair. If you need additional assistance, check the award’s info page to see the Committee Awards Contact.