The Community Engagement & Outreach Person of the Year recognizes an individual’s achievements in promoting awareness and understanding of water quality issues.
Submit a narrative which is limited to approximately 25 pages including text and graphics or PowerPoint slides.
At a minimum address the following subject areas which are used for the evaluation:
- Describe nominee’s current job functions and recent past work experience in the area of public engagement and outreach that promote sound water quality and wastewater management practices, stimulate public awareness of the importance of wastewater treatment to public health and the water environment.
- Include information on the depth, breadth, quality, and effectiveness of the nominee’s outreach/engagement/education efforts.
- Describe specific community engagement and outreach efforts that the nominee has taken part in in the past three years (including such details as their role in the program(s) the program(s) objectives, budget, methods used, target audience and number of people reached).
- Please include examples of materials used as attachments, exempt from the 25 page limit.
- Describe other professional accomplishments the nominee has acquired related to this award (i.e., publication, presentations, etc.) and any other contributions to CWEA’s mission or leadership and support at the local section level.
For most CWEA awards, you must apply at your Local Section level first. Direct your questions to the Local Section Awards Chair. If you need additional assistance, check the award’s info page to see the Committee Awards Contact.