Login using your CWEA account information to complete an application or to access judging panel.
The Kirt Brooks Memorial Scholarship from the Scholarship Committee provides annual scholarships for individuals attending a College, University, Community College or Technical Trade School and pursuing a course of study related to the Water Environment Field. It is awarded to applicants selected by the Scholarship Committee.
WHO MAY APPLY?
Qualified applicants** must be:
-- A member of CWEA (discounted to students) or be sponsored by a member of CWEA.
-- Employed or pursuing a career, in the water environment industry.
-- Attending or planning on attending, a college, university, community college or technical trade school and pursuing a course of study related to the Water Environment Field.
**Scholarship Committee members, CWEA staff, and their relatives are not eligible.
|EMPLOYMENT STATUS||STUDENT STATUS||EDUCATIONAL GOAL|
Student Not Employed in Water Env. Industry
|Full or Part Time||Associate Degree (AA/AS) or Trade School Certificate|
|B||Student Not Employed in Water Env. Industry||Full or Part Time||Bachelor of Arts/Science (BA/BS)|
|C||Student Not Employed in Water Env. Industry||Full or Part Time||Graduate Degree (Masters or Ph.D.)|
|D||Student Is Employed in Water Env. Industry||Full or Part Time||Associate Degree (AA/AS) or Trade School Certificate|
|E||Student Is Employed in Water Env. Industry||Full or Part Time||Bachelor of Arts/Science (BA/BS)|
|F||Student Is Employed in Water Env. Industry||Full or Part Time||Graduate Degree (Masters or Ph.D.)|
Funds are distributed based on ranking of applicants, number of qualified applicants and the financial status of the endowment fund. Awards vary in value and category selections are based on qualifying applications.
*Applicants are considered to be employed in the industry if they are employed full or part time by one of the following water environment industry employers:
1. Water or wastewater system owned by a municipality or district
2. Industrial systems/plants (manufacturing, processing, extraction)
3. Consulting or contracting firm (e.g., engineering, contracting and environmental)
4. Government agency related to water environment industry (e.g., EPA, state agency, etc.)
5. Research or analytical laboratories related to water environment industry
6. Manufacturer of water/wastewater equipment or products
7. Water/wastewater product distributor or manufacturer’s rep.
WHEN MUST APPLICATIONS BE IN?
Applications must be submitted by February 15.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to include all of the following:
a. Completed online application form.
b. Official transcript of grades from present or last school attended. If you are a current university or college student, please submit transcripts including the most recent semester. If you are entering as a freshman in the fall, please submit your high school transcripts. Must be on school form. A scanned copy will be accepted. Online transcripts will not be accepted.
c. Statements of:
- Career, educational, and personal goals as they apply to the water environment industry (1000 words or less; involvement in CWEA activities of qualifying member).
- Need for financial aid (Please state how this scholarship will meet your financial need for the upcoming term. Also include what other sources of financial aid or income will be used for your education and what will be the consequence if you do not receive this scholarship. This can include projection of loans, family financial situation, employment, etc. This information is important for the evaluation. The more information you provide, the more complete picture the evaluation committee will have to make a decision.
- Two (2) references in letter-form. Letters should be on the letterhead of the firm, school or organization involved and reference specific duties, or classes taken, as well as dates. Scanned copies will be accepted.
If you are ready to apply, click the Apply button to enter the CWEA Awards Portal.
Find the "Students and Young Professionals Category" and select Kirt Brooks Scholarship from the drop down menu.
Questions: CWEA Office, Megan Barillo, email@example.com, (510) 382-7800 ext. 141